QPP Banner

QPP Banner

Etsy Mini

Friday, November 29, 2013

Introduction




Hello, my name is Kami, and I live in South Florida with my husband & lots of crazy pets. I love reading, music, movies & beading. I love books that involve the supernatural, but if the concept piques my interest, then no genre is completely off the grid. My reviews are always honest...sometimes brutally so...but I am always fair. It takes a lot for me to truly hate a book & even more to love it, so if I give you the “thumbs up”, you know its worth reading.
Millefiori - Memory Wire Bracelet

You can also find me on Facebook & Goodreads.

In my spare time I love making beaded jewelry. You can purchase my creations at Etsy or you can view my website QuiltyPleasuresPlus.comYou can also find us on  Facebook.  If you are looking for a one-of-kind piece, please check out my creations

I started making beaded jewelry when I was 14 years old. I have always been a big girl, and like most big girls, I became frustrated by all of the necklaces I liked only being 16 inches long, especially since I couldn't wear anything smaller than 19 inches! Watching TV & seeing all of the teen stars wearing such cool jewelry that I knew I would never be able to fit into made it even worse, so I decided to make my own. I was inspired by a brochure that I saw at my local craft store that showed me some of the basics. The best part about making your own jewelry pieces is that no one else will have the exact same thing: every piece is unique. As the years have passed, my skills in both crafting and design have improved. I started selling some of my jewelry after my friends would comment on what I was wearing & ask, "Where did you buy that." It was a great feeling to be able to smile and say, "I didn't buy it. I made it". It felt even better when they would ask if I would make something special just for them; something original and unique to their personality.

"I Love the Beach" Necklace

I also make custom pieces such as the glass cab you see here on the left as a pendant.  It could also be used as a key chain.


"Blue Ice" Memory Wire Bracelet
These glass cabs are great and can be customized with any photo you would like (Etsy Custom Cab).  Or you can email me at info@quiltypleasuresplus.com




I love the creative process of making jewelry.  I like a lot of things that are different from everyone else's stuff, so having a one-of-a-kind bracelet or pair of earrings is perfect for me.

Bracelet to to right is a 2 strand memory wire wrap bracelet.  What is nice about memory wire bracelets is one size fits sizes 6 - 9 comfortably.



"Peaches & Cream" Quilt
QuiltyPleasuresPlus.com also offers quilts, pillow covers and wall hangings custom-designed and hand-crafted by my mother, LuAnn. Each one is a a work of art, and like my jewelry, they are all one-of-a-kind! Best of all, because they aren't mass-produced in a factory somewhere, these are high-quality items that really last. There's nothing better on a cold night than snuggling up in bed under one of these masterpieces, and the wall hangings are always great conversation starters.


Apollo after a bath

I love animals & have lots of crazy pets:

  • Apollo (sun conure)
  • Dante & Monty (aquatic turtles)
  • Dru (Black cat & mama), Smudgy (Black cat), Casper (tabby cat), Bob (gray cat)
  • Jewel (Rat Terrier)


I love music & mainly listen to alternative, ska, rock, country, blues & some classical on occasion.  Some bands I really like are Nickleback, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Puddle of Mudd, Green Day, Jonny Lang, Saving Abel, Dead by Sunrise, Linkin Park, Fuel (when Toryn Green was the singer), Keaton Simons, Theory of a Deadman, Hinder, Death Cab For Cutie, Creed, Lustra, Buckcherry,The Veer Union, Sugar Ray, Finger Eleven, Seether, Kid Rock, Sick Puppies, The Black Crows, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert....  

TV Shows I like to watch include: Supernatural, Big Bang Theory, Mom, Survivor, Big Brother, True Blood, CSI, Vampire Diaries, Being Human, Sons of Anarchy, Teen Wolf on MTV, Game of Thrones, Beauty & the Beast, Catfish, Face Off, Ink Master, Witches of East End, Naked Vegas...

I love movies that include action, sci-fi, comedy, or horror. Movies I love the most have to do with vampires, werewolves, demons, witches, & anything supernatural. I do not like dramas, chick flicks, or period films & nothing with subtitles. I hate subtitles.

My #1 favorite thing to do is READ. I love anything & everything dealing with the supernatural, fantasy, YA, NA, romance, erotica, mystery, romantic comedy & biographies. These are also some of the books that I will be reviewing.  I am a officially a KINDLE GIRL & I think I am a Kindle addict.

Some of my favorite Books include:
  • Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedes (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
  • Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs
  • The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
  • They Cage the Animals at Night by Jennings Birch
  • Elemental series by Brigid Kemmerer
  • McCarthy's of Gansett Island series by Marie Force
  • Naked Werewolf series by Molly Harper
  • Legacy series by N.J. Walters
  • The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting
I love reading because you can be any character you want. You pick up the book & open to that 1st page & you are transformed into a different person. You can go on an adventure or live in a different country. You can slay vampires & hang out with the local werewolves. You can have a leading man that sweeps you off your feet or a bad boy that you just can't get enough of.  You can live in another universe. It is an amazing journey, like a roller coaster ride in the comfort of your own home.

Happy reading everyone. I hope you enjoy my adventures. And I hope you love my jewelry.