QPP Banner

QPP Banner

Etsy Mini

Friday, December 13, 2013

Book Review: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

Bitten (Woman of the Otherworld - Book #1)
by Kelley Armstrong
Kindle edition, 434 pages
Published: September 7, 2004
ASIN: B000PDYV54
Source: Ebook - Own

Goodreads | Amazon









Elena Michaels is a werewolf. She tries to be human, but the man whose bite changed her existence forever, and his legacy, continue to haunt her. Thrown into a desperate war for survival that tests her allegiance to a secret clan of werewolves, Elena must reconsider who and what she is.
*********************************************************
This was the first book I read from Kelley Armstrong. It was exactly what I am interested in werewolves.

Good book. I loved the main character, Elana, right away. As the story unfolds you understand why she loves Phillip but secretly know it's not going to work with her trying to be something she isn't. I think that I wanted to dislike Clay but found myself in total awe of him. Clay loves Elana so completely & even though they fight endlessly you understand Elana's feelings being torn between love for the man she fell for & hate for the man that ruined her life. Yet Elana can not deny her attraction to Clay, even though she tries & also avoids him if possible.

***SPOILER ALERT***
I disliked the part of the book that happened with Logan. I understood it but disliked not getting to know that character & the relationship that Elana had with him. Daniel is adorable & a great little brother figure for Elana. Daniel is loyal & kind. Antonio I really did not get to feel to much for this character, maybe I was to wrapped up in the others but I did not feel that much of a character development for him except to say Antonio is Daniel's father. That was about it.

I like Jeremy's character instantly even though he seems intense & harsh you see how much he loves Elana & cares for her as if she was his only daughter. Jeremy is very patient & loving with Elana even if she can not see that for herself. I also like that we had a small taste of Elana's childhood (hell as it was) because it helped us to understand her resistance, self preservation, & fight or flight capacity more.

I look forward to starting the next book by Kelley Armstrong.