QPP Banner

QPP Banner

Etsy Mini

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Book Review: The Rocker That Holds Her by Terri Anne Browning

The Rocker That Holds Her (The Rocker - Book #5)
by Terri Anne Browning
Kindle Edition, 213 pages
ASIN: B00GOJ9K2U
Source: Ebook - Owned

Goodreads | Amazon

I had big dreams of how I wanted my life. Becoming a rock star was all I wanted. It would solve so many of my problems. With the money that I would make I was going to take care of my mom, get her out of the hell hole we had been living in all my life. Having your dreams come true isn’t something that many
people get to accomplish in life. I did, and I loved it.

For about a minute…

It’s funny how when you think you have everything you could possible every want, your dreams change. Mine did without my even realizing it. Then I opened my eyes and saw that everything I ever wanted was standing in front of me.

From the first day I set eyes on Emmie she became a part of me. The guys and I spent years watching over her, caring for her… Loving her. Then without my realizing it my love for her changed. I found myself aching for her, wanting her in a way that a guy like me had no right to want her. My love and need for Emmie became an all-consuming ache that I was helpless to fight against.

Would she ever open those big green eyes and see me as anything but a friend?

Mature Content! Not Suitable For Readers Under 17

*********************************************
Book #5 is Emmie & Nik's story as told more from Nik's POV.  It starts back at the beginning with Emmie at the age of 5 meeting the guys and following them through to Emmie & Nik's wedding.

It shows some of the things we missed in Book #1 with seeing more of Emmie's side of the relationship.  We see more of Nik's struggle with the attraction he has to Emmie from the age of 17 through to now.  Nik struggling to not give in to the feelings of attraction to her because it could ruin their friendship and she only seeing him as a big brother and protector.  We also see Emmie struggling  with the same issues.  Her being attracted to Nik in a way that is different from everyone else.  Emmie being afraid to act of those feelings because she could lose Nik forever.  And she could lose everyone she loves with him if it goes really wrong.

==SPOILER ALERT==
If you read the 1st book in the series you will know that Emmie is pregnant with Nik's baby.  Even though Nik had no idea they had sex.  Nik thought he was dreaming when he made love to Emmie 2 months ago.  Nik has been dreaming of this over and over again.  He has stopped sleeping with other woman and just dreamed of making love to Emmie.  Nik had no idea that the one night he was wasted and the dream was so vivid that it was reality and not a dream.  Emmie feels as though she RAPED Nik and feels ashamed, embarrassed and a little humiliated.  She has to tell him the truth that he is the father of her baby.  That she took advantage of him.  All Nik can see is rage as he hears that his beautiful Emmie is pregnant.  Nik is about to rip someone apart for touching his Emmie.

Emmie tells him the truth that the baby is his and he has to take a step back.  He knows exactly which night she is talking about.  He can not believe that it was real.  Now with having to face the music Nik & Emmie set out to figure out their relationship.  With this new added information they must come clean with their feelings for one another and open their hearts to possibilities of a future together.

They are part of each others lives since the beginning of time and now with a baby in the picture they will always be there for one another.  They just have to figure out if they are just friends or something more.

Book #5 then follows their relationship through to the arrival of Layla, Lana & Lucy, Baby Mia is born, Jessie & Layla fall for each other, Lana crushes on Drake, Drake marries Lana, Jessie marries Layla and now it is Nik & Emmie's turn down the aisle.  Do they make it down the aisle is the question you have after Book #4.  They leave it with them engaged.  So you anticipate this moment & hope to see the wedding.

Another good story.  I thought I might get bored knowing most of what happened but I did not get bored at any point.  It was still gripping me & making me stay up past my bed time to read on & see what happens next.

Terri Anne Browning's author page announces that she will have more books with characters from the series.  There will be a Rocker Babies series following the little ones into adult hood and another one focusing on Axton & hopefully with Dallas which we saw him working towards in Book #4 & struggling with in Book #5.


Rating: 4 Stars

Happy Reading!