QPP Banner

QPP Banner

Etsy Mini

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Project: Kami's Nutty Body Scrub




Sugar, Salt and Nut Scrub

1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup ground oatmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup salt
1/4 cup almond oil

1/4 cup Coconut Oil
15 drops of Vitamin E Oil
45-60 drops fragrance or essential oil
 

**Note this is a recipe that was given to me by a friend and I altered it a bit.  I am not sure where the recipe originated.**

Variation: Add 2 tablespoons of honey for an extra-moisturizing scrub.

Mix almond oil and fragrance or essential oil together in a glass bowl. Add the sugar, finely ground almonds, oatmeal and salt together in a separate bowl and mix thoroughly together. Add this mixture to the almond oil. Mix well with your hands to incorporate and you're done!

TIP: I put raw whole almonds in the blender to make them really fine and then also did the same with the dry oatmeal. This makes it a finer scrub and not so chunky.


**Note: I used Lavender Essential oil, Rosemary Essential Oil, Lemon Essential Oil, but I did not add honey to my mixture.**


Once everything is combined the mixture looks like a brown sugar topping for a dessert. But I can tell you it works really well. Just grab a little and cup it in one hand while in the shower then add a touch of water and scrub the desired area. Then rinse.



Also, please make sure that if you use essential oils they need to be stored in a glass container. I bought my container at Old Time Pottery for $3.99 and it has a screw on lid to keep the mixture dry.