QPP Banner

QPP Banner

Etsy Mini

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Book Review: Storn by Carian Cole

Storn
(Ashes & Embers) Book #1
by Carian Cole
Kindle Edition, 244 Pages
ASIN: B00O11I5CY
Source: Ebook - Own

Goodreads | Kindle/Amazon 

The calm before the storm… I lived in the quiet stillness. I felt the wind rustle, warning me, telling me to get out of its path. But I didn’t. I never stood a chance. A series of weather and road mishaps leaves me trapped in the middle of a blizzard with a complete stranger. In the back of a pickup truck. For forty-eight freakin’ hours. A stranger with long hair, tattoos, and rippling with muscle. A stranger with an insanely sexy voice and a wicked smile that turned my insides to jelly. A stranger who held me in his arms, calmed me, and then set a fire in me that I couldn’t put out. Storm lives up to his name. Beautiful. Dangerously inviting. Tumultuous. Dark. A clash of hot and cold. He’s used to getting everything he wants. And now he wants me. Some people chase storms for the beautiful thrill. What happens when the storm chases you?

**********************************
Evelyn (Evie) suffers from panic attacks and depression. She does not stray to far from home and likes her everyday routine. Evie is bad with directions and her boyfriend gives her a GPS to get her to her business meeting. Well the GPS is a cheap piece of crap and Evie gets lost in the middle of a snow storm and crashes her car.

Storm to the rescue. A dark and beautiful stranger sees Evelyn crash and tries to get her to go with him and his huge white wolf like dog to his cabin a couple miles up the road. Evelyn is terrified and thinks this man is a psychopath and he is going to rape and murder her. She realizes she has no choice but to go with this stranger or she will freeze to death.

As they set off for the cabin Storm's truck crashes as well and now they are stuck in the middle of a snowstorm in the back of a truck. Good thing he has groceries with him.

For 2 days they are stuck in the truck and then get help and find their way to Storm's cabin. Storm finds out about Michael, Evelyn's boyfriend of 12 years and her panic and anxiety issues. Storm and Evie form a great friendship from their accident and Storm tells Evie that he wants to be with her and she needs to get rid of Michael.

Evie starts to question her feelings for Michael since Storm has awakened something inside of her that she has never felt before. Michael has never made her feel the way Storm does and they have not even kissed. Evie starts to see Storm as a NEW BEGINNING and a scary LEAP OF FAITH. She likes comfortable and not change. Leaving Michael for the unknown is hard for Evie.

Evie talks to Michael and realizes there are things that he has kept from her for years. And she was naive and trusting for staying with him.

***SPOILER ALERT***
Evie finds her independence and starts a new. Job, apartment, boyfriend all of it. Out with the OLD boring life in with the NEW adventurous one.


The story was good and I love the interaction of Storm and Evie. I like how they annoy each other and really like that they annoy each other at the same time. Storm is attracted to Evie because she has no idea she is stranded with the lead guitarist from Ashes & Embers. Evie likes Storm for himself, not the money, not the fame, not even the music. Storm finds this refreshing and amusing. Evie's character felt very sheltered to me. Micheal really kind of protecting her from the outside world even protecting her from himself really. I like that Storm's character was ok with her being awkward and insecure. I like how all he wanted to do was take care of her but also offer her a look into the outside world.

Rating: 4 STARS





Happy Reading!