Etsy Website

https://www.etsy.com/people/quiltypleasuresplus

Etsy Mini

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Book Review: Torn by Carian Cole

Torn
(Devils Wolves) Book #1
by Carian Cole
Kindle Edition, 422 Pages
ASIN: B01L7NN55W
Source: Ebook - Own

Goodreads  Amazon/Kindle

He’s loved me since the day I was born. 
He’s taken care of me. 
He’s awakened me. 

Tor. My father’s best friend. 
Fifteen years older than me, he’s always been my protector. The one I should never, ever want. 
But I was born to be his. 

She’s always loved me. 
She’s shattered me. 
She’s healed me. 
Kenzi. My best friend’s daughter. 
I held her the day she was born, and I never let go. 
She’s forbidden to me. But she’s the only one that really gets me. 
We’re slowly being torn apart by everything we love. 
Everything we want. 
Everything we desire. 

And now I want the one thing I can’t have... I want her. 

** Please note: there is NO underage sex in this book. This book is intended for readers 18 years and older ** 

** Portions of sales of this book are donated to various pet rescue organizations.** 

************************************
Toren & Kenzi

Tor & Kenzi have been together since Kenzi was born. Toren was 15 and fell in love with the little girl. Toren helped his best friend Ash and his wife Ember help raise little Kenzi. Kenzi adores Tor and loves him so much. Tor has never felt this unconditional love before. Kenzi helps calm him and he loves spending time with her.

As Kenzi gets older Toren and Kenzi relationship goes from Surrogate Uncle to and beautiful and trusting friendship. Kenzi trusts Tor and feels very safe with him. Tor always makes her feels special and adored. As Kenzi approaches 18 Toren starts seeing Kenzi as more of a woman and less of that little girl he helped raise. Toren tries to ignore these foreign emotions and keep the relationship the way it is. But little does he know Kenzi is starting to have the same feelings towards Toren. Kenzi does not try to really fight these feelings she tells Toren how she feels and Tor tells her it is just a crush and means nothing. Going on with the relationship as is the feelings and emotions grow stranger for both Tor and Kenzi. Toren feeling like a pervert and sick over his new feelings for a girl he once read bedtime stories too he pushes Kenzi away. Kenzi understands the reason why and tries to forget the intense feelings. She know her father will never understand and she could never choose between the two men she loves most in this world.

Toren unable to fight the love and attraction to Kenzi any longer gives into the temptation. Kenzi makes it hard to resist when she has decided Toren is what she wants and she won’t stop until she gets him. They will be judged by friends and family but there concern is with Ash finding out and how and when to tell him is an issue.

Of course Ash finds out and it is a disaster. Ash feels betrayed, sick to his stomach of knowing Toren could have been doing bad things to his little girl, and Ash feels like Toren took advantage of Kenzi’s love for him. Kenzi assures her father that Toren and her feelings and friendship where exactly that until she turned 18 nothing of a romantic nature ever happened between the 2 consenting adults.

In time Ash will have to learn to forgive or just accept this relationship if he wants his little girl in his life. Toren will have to be patient as well because until Ash can deal with this and get past it, neither man will be able to have Kenzi in their lives.

Review: I am a little torn on this one. I love the friendship that Toren and Kenzi have. It is beautiful and sweet. Of course it makes since that it would become so much more. And I love that Kenzi always gets to see Toren’s sweet, soft and playful side, But my problem is not the 15 year age difference it is the same issue that Toren’s character had. The fact that he helped raise this little girl as his niece and he has mixed emotions with the attraction to her now as an adult. I can see that having major issues with a person. I think there relationship makes since because of the connection you feel from the 2 characters. But it is a little hard to wrap your head around. For that reason I feel like it was not 100% fulfilling with the story.

Story was good. Relationship between the main characters was beautiful and the writing was flawless. I found no errors (That Is rare in our digital society).

Rating: 4 STARS



Happy Reading!